Folsom & Co is a young watch start-up based in San Francisco. We provide fashion-forward style at affordable prices. We an advocate of the entrepreneurial spirit and because of this passion, we're offering one student a $1,500 scholarship based on their entrepreneurial abilities!
We created the Folsom & Co Entrepreneur's Scholarship for Undergraduate or Postgraduate students with a passion of Technology & Internet Marketing to receive a $1,500 award, twice per year.
Those students who are currently studying in the areas of Marketing, Business, Liberal Arts, or IT may be extremely interested in this scholarship program, and one doesn’t require any expertise. Passion for entrepreneurship is more than enough.
We’d like to see your best business plan proposal for an online store that sells traditional retail products. Your startup should challenge the likes of Zappos, Dollar Shave Club, & Daniel Wellington watches. Please include a paragraph or two for each of the following bullet points:
- Business concept & mission statement
- Market Analysis: Identify your competitors, where you fit amongst them and where you’re trying to enter
- Audience: Identify your target market
- Differentiation: Explain what differentiates your service or product from what already exists
- Marketing: Explain how you would market your service/product to audience you identified
- Budget: Explain how you would apply your budget of $1,500 to each of the areas above.
Feel free to be as creative as possible and include any additional attachments to supplement your business plan.
Once received, Folsom & Co will present the top submissions to a team of venture advisors who will provide their opinions on the pros and cons of each business plan. We will then select a winner every 6 months and award them the $1,500 scholarship!
- Please submit your business plan in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Scholarship Application - Your Name"
- Make sure to include an email where we can contact you, name, address, and the name of the institution you are attending / planning to attend this year
- You must be in good academic standing with your current educational institution
- For applicants under 18, you must have permission from a parent or legal guardian
- Please use the following document name template: LastName_FirstName_Date.pdf
- Annual Submission deadlines:
- October 31st: Winner selected & notified by December 31st
- March 31st: Winner selected & notified by June 30th